Case Manager-Substance Abuse
Outpatient D&A currently has a full time opening for a case manager to cover TrueNorth Wellness Services’ York and Shrewsbury offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the Case Management core function of coordination of services to individuals seeking recovery from a substance use disorder by means of a comprehensive process which addresses an individual’s treatment and non-treatment needs throughout an individual’s treatment and recovery process.
- Assist in helping individuals and their families in navigating the drug and alcohol system to ensure appropriate and expeditious access to treatment and non-treatment needs.
- Services shall be mobile and support of individuals shall occur at the location which best supports the individuals’ engagement, retention and re-engagement in treatment services.
- Ability to work with persons who have physical, mental or emotional disabilities or who are economically disadvantaged or involved with the criminal justice system.
- Ability to plan and organize work, prepare records and reports, set priorities, and maintain a caseload in an effective and timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Provide case coordination services as individuals transition into, through and to the next level of care in the continuum of treatment services as well as when transitioning into and returning to the community to promote continuity of services.
- Ensure re-engagement efforts to individuals who do not show for services or leave prior to being discharged.
- Provide direct assistance with accessing Medical Assistance or other healthcare benefits until proper enrollment has occurred based on eligibility.
- Reliable transportation
Minimum Experience and Training
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Dependency, Sociology, Social Welfare, Psychology, Nursing or related field: or
- Direct service performing counseling or case management work in the drug and alcohol treatment setting; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 18 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, criminal justice or other related social sciences; and one year direct service experience performing counseling or case management work in the drug and alcohol treatment setting; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to Stefanie Griffith firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Substance Use Treatment|